Monday, March 29, 2010

Too much pondering!

I am late writing this Blog since I have been flailing myself about pondering over nuances in my game against David. After ekeing out a small edge with a simple plan - protected passed pawn + good bishop vs bad bishop - I slid into equality before overlooking a simple piece trap seen a few moves earlier. So devestated I sulked! Unable to come to grips with the fact that 24 moves of careful play had resulted in a tiny edge, which I had thrown away 12 moves later, I played on hoping David would have a massive brain explosion and give me back my piece, and have been ruminating since.
Much better chess was played on the other boards!
Phil and Andrew had an interesting game with Phil commanding space and an attack, Andrew had a chance to strike back (i think) but missed it and the attack came alive.
Reg with black seemed to have a massive cannon against Dylan's King. A return to the board saw Dylan's Bishop and Rook in dominating positions, defence solid and then like a bolt of lightning his Queen flew across the board to force checkmate.
Carey beat Nigel - someone said Nigel played too fast.
Fred and Peter were both absent.
Next week - Fred plays Andrew, Peter vs carey, Nigle vs Phil, Reg vs Russell, Kevin vs Dylan.
April 7 is a break from play.

No comments: