Sunday, August 2, 2009

Robert Isted Week 3

Robert Isted
David is playing well it seems (dft Neville!) but I have no idea how the game went as Dylan had me thinking overtime. The first 12 moves for both of us took 40 minutes in a most unusual opening with a lot of tension continuing throughout the game. After fighting off an attack and being optimistic, a series of unexpected and unplanned forks by Dylan gave him the game. Vincent and Carey played another unusual game with Vincent scoring the exchange but giving Cary equality with a strong battery on the long diagonal. Vincent pieces were gradually forced to the backline before he broke free and did the same to Carey. Normality returned and the resulting end game was much easier for Vincent. Reg defeated Andrew, Phil defeated Kevin and Ashton defeated Cohen.
This week
Nigel vs Andrew; Russell vs Charlie; Vincent vs Dylan; David vs Carey; Phil vs Neville; Kevin and Reg have byes although at this stage Carey is looking doubtful due to illness. I will ring and update players with byes if necessary. All reserves division players please attend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David is playing well, and my opening and middle games have been solid. I forced Neville into a very cramped posiiton, and thought I would be able to exchange my Bishop for his rook, but he managed to wriggle out. It did allow me to position both my bishops on long diagonals aiming at his king, and ultimately this led to his downfall. i won a pawn, protected and passd, and even after giving it back (I seem doomed to make one mistake in every game), was able to exchange down to a king and pawn endgame with my king better placed, and Neville decided to resign.
Another toughand interesting game against Neville.